You can add or remove payment methods for customers at any time. Multiple payment methods can be added to each customer account. Accounting Seed supports credit card and ACH payment methods.
Please Note: The Stripe integration to Accounting Seed only supports USD transaction processing. Multi-currency processing will be available in future releases.
For best viewing, click the YouTube gear icon at the bottom of the video, click Quality, and select 1080p.
Add a Payment Method
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Master Data Setup, click Accounts (Customers & Vendors).
- On the list of Accounts page, click the account you want to update the payment method for.
- On the Account page, click Manage Payment Methods.
- Select Credit Card or ACH Payment. You may set a payment method to default if there are multiple payment methods linked to the customer.
- Under Create New Payment Method:
If Credit Card, enter the Card Holder Name and the Credit or Debit Card number with expiration date.
If ACH Payment, enter the Account Holder Name (optional), Account Type (Business or Individual), Account Number, and 9-digit Routing Number.
- When finished, click the Create Payment Method button.
Note: For ACH, once saved, Stripe will automatically send out 2 micro-payments to the customer to verify the account/routing number. This will take 1-2 business days and you will need to contact the client to get this information. Then, click the "verify bank account" link for that payment method and enter in these 2 micro deposits. This payment method will now be active.
Deactivate a Payment Method
- To deactivate a payment method linked to a customer account, scroll down to Manage Existing Payment Methods and click the Make Inactive link for the payment method you wish to deactivate.
- It is now also possible to receive customer payments via ACH with Stripe.
- If you are upgrading from a version prior to 3.11 you will need to add the following to the Account page layout:
- Manage Payment Methods button
- Create Payment button
- Payment Methods related list