The Bank Direct Connect function links your financial institution directly to Accounting Seed and allows you to import bank transactions into Accounting Seed.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Banking, select Bank Direct Connect.
- Click on the Import Bank Transactions tab.
- Choose a date range. The system defaults to the last 30 days, but you can import up to 90 days of past transactions.
- Choose the bank account from which you want to import transactions.
- Click Search. All transactions from the bank account for the time period you specified will appear. Accounting Seed will display 25 transactions at one time. Click Next Page to see additional transactions.
- There is a limit of 500 transactions in one import.
- The system will notify you if you have already imported a transaction and will not duplicate it.
- Tip: Please always save changes before going to the next page.
- Customer/Vendor Account & the GL accounts must be populated in order to import and create a record.
- By clicking on the Display Projects & Display GL Variable fields, the system will allow you to tag these items on the bank transactions.
- Assign the Vendor and GL Accounts and select either Disbursement or Credit Journal for money coming out of the bank.
- Select Receipt or Credit Journal for money coming into the bank on the type picklist.
- Clicking the Find Matching Data button will do one of two things:
- It will search Accounting Seed for existing records that match this bank transaction to help prevent entering a duplicate record.
- If no matching data is retrieved, it will populate all bank transactions without a customer or vendor account with the default vendor found in Accounting Settings. When the transaction is complete, you can edit the account information.
- Click Create Records.
- These records will auto-post upon creation.