GL Variables are used for reporting designations like companies, divisions, departments, geographies, cost centers, profit centers or business units.
Accounting Seed allows for four General Ledger Variables with unlimited values in each. The GL Variable field name can be changed to reflect what is represents.
Summary of Steps:
- Click on the Accounting Variables tab
- Click New
- Enter the Accounting Variable Name
- Choose the Type: GL Accounting Variable 1, 2, 3 or 4
- Check the box if the Accounting Variable is Active
- Click 'Save' or 'Save & New' to add another variable