To become familiar with the AR Automation process and with Cardknox, you can set up a sandbox merchant account with Cardknox and link it to a test Salesforce environment like a sandbox or a developer org. We strongly recommend that you link this sandbox to a non-production Salesforce org.
Steps to set this up are similar to setting up a live Cardknox merchant account with some minor differences. The steps are:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Sandbox application be sent to you. You will need to provide the following actual information:
- Company Name
- DBA Name
- Email Address of main contact person.
- When we receive the email, we will enter the preliminary information that you supplied into the application form and have the form emailed to you.
- Once you receive the email from Cardknox, complete the application, and note the following:
- You must enter your actual Tax EIN.
- When prompted for bank information, select to add the information manually.
- For the Bank Routing Number, you must enter an actual bank routing number, but you can enter sample data for the bank account number. For example, you can enter the Wells Fargo routing number: 051400549, with an account number of 1234567891111.
- For the other required fields, you can enter sample data.
- After submitting your application, in a few days, you will receive a Welcome email from Cardknox, and you can use this to complete the remaining setup information as outlined here:
Note: Since the Cardknox sandbox is not connected to a live bank, the deposit and fee Bank Transactions coming in will have to be mimicked. This is so that you can demo the auto-matching and auto-reconciliation. You can use an OFX file to create the sample bank transactions or use a Yodlee Dummy Account Generator site to set them up.