The Sales Order Lines that will be converted to Shipment Lines must first be allocated on the Sales Order.
If the order will be shipped in more than one shipment, allocate only the quantities on the Sales Order Lines that will be included in each shipment.
Pack and Ship a Sales Order
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Orders menu, click Sales Orders.
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- From the Sales Order list view, select a Sales Order.
- Click the Billings & Shipments tab. Then, from the Sales Order related list, click New.
- Indicate the carrier, ship date, and any other required information.
- Click Save. The Shipment screen displays.
- From the Shipment screen, click Pack.
- Select the products to be included in the shipment.
- Click Save.
- To create a packing slip, click Create Packing Slip.
Note: This generates a PDF preview that you can save and print.
The naming convention on the PDF file will be:
<Customer Name>_<Sales Order #>_<Shipment #>_<Current Date Time>.pdf
Example: ABC Company_SO-00336_SP-00040_05-21-2022_09:10_AM.pdf
Note: The Date and Time will display based upon your locale.
The PDF filename is limited to 255 characters. If the limit is exceeded, the name will be truncated.
Summer ’22 Release
- With the Summer '22 release, the Packing and Shipping PDF filename has been standardized.