GL Account Reporting Groups are used to group GL Accounts together for financial reports on a Custom Financial Report Row. For example:
- On your Balance Sheet, you could create a GL Account Reporting Group with the title of Current Assets.
- Next would be to add all your GL Accounts that fall under Current Assets into the GL Account Reporting Group.
- For your Financial Report, this allows the ability to add the new Current Assets group to a report row.
- It will then sum the balances for all of those accounts into one line.
Create a GL Account Reporting Group
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Run Reports tab. Then, under the Custom menu, click GL Account Reporting Groups.
- Click New.
- Enter the GL Account Reporting Group Name.
- Select the Type from the drop-down list. It can be either:
Balance Sheet (for Asset, Liability, and Equity accounts)
Income Statement (for Revenue and Expense Accounts).
- Click Save. The GL Account Reporting Group screen displays.
- From the GL Account Reporting Group Lines related list, click New.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Search for and select a GL Account.
- Click Save & New.
- Repeat this process for as many accounts as desired. Then, after adding the final account to include, click Save.
Note: Once GL Account Reporting Groups are defined, you can upload the 'component' GL Accounts to the GL Account Reporting Group. Refer to the Financial Statement Row article.
Include a GL Account Reporting Group on a Financial Report
- Select a Report Definition.
- Click the Definition Criteria tab.
- Under the Financial Report Rows related list, click New. The New Financial Statement Row dialog box displays.
- Select Reporting Group from the Type drop-down list.
- (Optional) Enter a Row Label.
- Enter a Position.
- Click the Lookup icon to search for and select the GL Account Reporting Group look up that is needed for the particular report.
- Click Save.