GL Account Reporting Groups are used to group GL Accounts together for financial reports on a Custom Financial Report Row. For example:
- On your balance sheet you could create a GL Account Reporting Group titled Current Assets.
- Next would be to add all your GL Accounts that fall under Current Assets into the GL Account Reporting Group.
- For your Financial Report, this allows the ability to add the GL Account Reporting Group titled "Current Assets" to a report row.
- It will then sum the balances for all of those accounts into the one line.
Creating a GL Account Reporting Group
- Click on the plus sign (All Tabs link) in the Tabs banner.
- Navigate to and Click the GL Account Reporting Groups Icon (Icons are organized in alphabetical order).
- From the Recent GL Account Reporting Groups related list, click the New button.
- Enter the name of the reporting group you wish to create.
- Enter the type of the group. It can be either Balance Sheet for Asset, Liability, and Equity accounts or Income Statement for Revenue and Expense Accounts.
- Click Save.
- On the detail screen click the New GL Account Reporting Group Line button to start adding GL Accounts to the group.
- Use the look up to select a GL Account and repeat this process for as many accounts as desired.
Note: Once GL Account Reporting Groups are defined (Steps 1-6 above), you can upload the 'component' GL accounts to the GL Account Reporting Group. Click here for the upload template.Including a GL Account Reporting Group on a Financial Report
- Select a Report Definition.
- Select "New Financial Report Row."
- For Type, select "GL Account Reporting Group."
- Use the GL Account Reporting Group look up to select the reporting group that is needed for the particular report.