Accounting Seed support has the ability to archive transactional data by accounting period.
What is Archiving?
Archiving is an irreversible process that removes data from the following 2 Accounting Seed tables by accounting period:
- Financial Cube Transactions
Transaction records are removed from your Salesforce production instance and stored in .csv files. The Financial Cube Transactions table is permanently deleted when archiving. The accounting period will be marked "Archived".
Once an Accounting Period is Archived:
- You will not be able to re-open it or make any changes to that data
- You will only be able to report on summary level results from this period
- The Transaction table will be stored outside the system
- You will need to query it via Excel or an alternate database to report on it
Archiving does not effect source objects like Billing, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable etc. All the source objects are preserved in your live environment.
- Data that is eligible for archiving must be at least 18 accounting periods in arrears. For Example, the 2014 year would not be eligible for archiving until the beginning of the 2016-07 period.
- Accounting Seed requires a minimum of 12 accounting periods to be archived at the same time.
What do I need to consider when archiving?
- Archiving is irreversible. No changes can ever be made to an archived period.
- Archived Transaction data will not be reportable in your Salesforce instance, although Financial Cube data and the Source object data will be.
- Archived Transaction data will not contain details for the Account, Product, or Project, it will only contain details for the GL Account, GL Accounting Variables, and Accounting Period.
How do I request Archiving and what does it cost?
Submit a request in the Knowledge Base if you would like archiving performed.
Accounting Seed charges $2,400 for the first 12 archived accounting periods and $200/accounting period for any additional accounting periods over the first 12.