This feature is used primarily when you initialize a contract and need to send out the first sales invoice.
Create a Single Billing from a Single Recurring Billing Template
- Select a Recurring Billing template to use to create a Billing.
- Once in the single Recurring Billing, click the Create Billing button.
- An intermediate screen opens for previewing the Billing.
- If satisfied, click Create or Create & Post.
Note: When the Create & Post button is clicked (from the detail or list view), an asynchronous posting process is started. This is a form of timing protocol for the system to begin an operation once another one has completed. When all posting requirements are met, the record is posted. If there are errors during the posting process, the posting silently fails and an Activity record is created with details about the failure. This can be accessed from the Today’s Tasks widget on the Homepage or from the All Activities tab on the record.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for all Billing that have a posting status of “Approved” to automatically post based upon the Next Run Date and Preferred Start Time.
Note: Accounting Seed restricts the number of Recurring Billing Lines within a single Recurring Billing to 500 lines to prevent errors based on Salesforce limits when creating records. Additionally, there is a limit set on how many records can be created at one time using the Create or Create & Post buttons on the Create Billing intermediate screen. The limit is 500 records for Recurring Billing.
- The Create & Post button has been enhanced to make the posting action an asynchronous process.
- Limit of 500 records when using the Create or Create & Post buttons on the Create Billing intermediate screen.
- The Scheduled Post job allows you to schedule an unattended background program to execute the automatic postings of records after business hours, overnight, or any desired time.