The Billing Credit Memo Apply screen in the Lightning UI supports record pagination of up to 2,000 records. From this screen, you can quickly and easily perform tasks such as the following:
- Select a different customer for applying the credit memo
- Enter and search for a specific Billing Number
- Select the Posting Status as Posted, Approved, or All
- Enter a Billing Date Range and/or a Due Date Range
- Enter a Billing Amount range.
The Applied Date displays for each Billing, and can be adjusted, if necessary. When you click an arrow to apply a credit amount, the Applied and Balance fields automatically adjust accordingly.
Return Unpaid Non-Inventory Sale (Create and Apply a Credit Memo)
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash In click Billings (Customer Invoices).
- Click the Billing that you would like to create a Credit Memo for or create a new Billing from scratch.
- If creating the Credit Memo from an existing Billing, on the Billing page click Clone w/ Lines, enter a date, and on the Edit screen click Save.
- On the Billing page, in the Billing Lines panel, click the Mass Add/Edit Rows button.
- On the Billing Edit page, review the quantity and edit the unit price to a negative value.
- Click Save & Post.
Important: The remaining steps to actually apply a credit memo are only applicable if you are using the Lightning UI.
- On the Billing page, click Apply/Unapply Credit Memo. The Billing Credit Memo Apply screen displays.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- To modify/narrow the search criteria, perform any of the following, as necessary:
- In the Customer field, to select a different customer for applying the credit memo, click the X to remove the current customer. Then, search for a new customer.
- In the Billing Number field, enter a specific Billing number to search for.
- In the Posting Status field, click the drop-down list to select Posted, Approved, or All.
- In order to enter any of the following filters, you must have selected a Customer, Billing Number, or Posting Status.
- Billing Date Range - Click the Calendar icon in the From/To fields to select a date.
- Due Date Range - Click the Calendar icon in the From/To fields to select a date.
- Billing Amount - Enter a beginning and ending amount.
- Click Search Billings to search for the selected criteria.
- Click a right arrow to move a selected amount into the Applied Amount field.
- (Optional) Make adjustments to Applied Amount or Applied Date, as necessary.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Save & Refresh to save your changes and refresh the Billing Credit Memo Apply screen.
- Click Save & Complete to save your changes and return to the Billing record screen.
- When the credit memo is applied and you return to the Billing screen, to view applied information, click the Applied To tab. Then, scroll down the page to view applied information, as necessary.