- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash In click Billings (Customer Invoices).
- Click the Billing that you would like to create a Credit Memo for or create a new Billing from scratch.
- If creating the Credit Memo from an existing Billing, on the Billing page click Clone w/ Lines, enter a date, and on the Edit screen click Save.
- On the Billing page, in the Billing Lines panel, click the Mass Add/Edit Rows button.
- On the Billing Edit page, review the quantity and edit the unit price to a negative value.
- Click Save & Post.
- On the Billing page click the Apply Credit Memo button.
- Click the arrow beside a Billing and click Save & Complete.
NOTE: The transactions created when posting a credit memo are a debit to the GL Revenue Account selected on the billing line, and a credit to the AR Control Account.
TIP: To associate the credit memo with an original billing, place "Credit Memo for Billing number xxxxxxxxxx" in the Proprietary Billing Number field.