Creating a Financial Statement Definition provides the ability to add a header record for a Custom Report Name. Once the header record is created, columns and rows can be added for selecting various report criteria with many formatting options. Financial Statement Definitions are available to search for and select when creating reports using the Financial Reports - Custom Reports tab.
Custom Reports can be created with your own rows and columns that were added to a Financial Statement Definition. Below is a list highlighting some of the advanced features of custom financial reports:
- Formatting for Rows and column headers
- Budget versus actual reporting
- The ability to report on multiple accounting periods
- The ability to offset columns from the accounting period selected.
- Column calculations for amounts or percentages
- Row calculations for amounts or percentages
Create a Financial Statement Definition
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Reporting, click Financial Statement Definitions.
- Click New. The New Financial Statement Definition dialog box displays.
Note: Required fields display with a red asterisk (*).
- Enter a Financial Statement Definition Name.
- (Optional) Enter Description for this definition.
- The Percentage Decimal Places textbox defaults to 2. If you want to change this number, enter a different one to indicate the number of decimal places you want to display in percentage fields. This field determines the way percentage calculations will be set. For example, if Percentage Decimal Places is set to 1, in the Report Viewer percentage calculations will be rounded to 1 decimal place (ex., 2.55% will be rounded to 2.6%).
- Click Save. The Financial Statement Definition screen displays.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Click the Definition Criteria tab.
- Add Report Columns and Rows.