The merge function will combine Billing Lines into a single Billing where the customer is the same. This tool is used to consolidate multiple Billing records into a single Accounts Receivable record. For example, let's say you wanted to bill timecard entries and expense reports in the same Billing to a customer. You could create time card Billings and expense report Billings and then merge them.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Revenues menu, click Billings.
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- Select the Billings you wish to merge from the list view of the Billings tab.
Note: Only unposted Billing records can be merged.
- Click Merge Billings on the list view. This will present a confirmation screen of the Billings you wish to merge.
- From the confirmation screen, click Merge to complete the process.