Manufacturing Orders are used to build a product.
Set up a Manufactured Product
Note: A Manufactured product can have up to 100 parts.
Create a Manufacturing Order
A manufacturing order can be created by navigating to the product record and clicking the Create Manufacturing Order button. This will create a project with the product parts as materials and the manufacturing project template as the project tasks.
Allocate Raw Materials
- Navigate to the Project View page.
- Click the Allocate button.
- Take the respective raw materials out of available stock on the Allocate screen and click Save.
- Navigate to the Projects List View.
- Select the project to create purchase orders for.
- Click the Purchase Order Fulfill button on the List View.
- Create draft purchase orders by vendor.
- Review draft purchase orders and click Save.
Build Finished Goods
- Make sure the Manufactured Product field on the work order is populated.
- Click the Build button on the project.
- Indicate the quantity to build and the warehouse location to place the finished goods.
- Click Save.
- An inbound inventory movement related to the work order will be created.
Note: There is a build limit of 100 for serialized products. There is no build limit on non-serialized products.
- The Build limit of 100 on a Manufacturing Order for non-serialized products has been removed. The Build limit of 100 remains in place for serialized products.
- A Manufactured product can have up to 100 parts.