Manufacturing Orders are used to build a product.
Setup a Manufactured Product
To set up a manufactured product is similar to setting up a kit. First, create the manufactured product and then set product arts as the raw materials with the quantity you wish to consume while manufacturing.
Create a Manufacturing Order
A manufacturing order can be created by navigating to the product record and clicking the Create Manufacturing Order button. This will create a project with the product parts as materials and the manufacturing project template as the project tasks.
Allocate Raw Materials
Allocating raw materials from stock is a simple process in AS. When a product is allocated, it is removed from available inventory. A debit to the Work In Process GL Account in accounting settings is created, and a credit to the Inventory GL Account is also created in the General Ledger. The steps to allocate raw materials are as follows:
- Navigate to the Project View page.
- Click the Allocate button.
- Take the respective raw materials out of available stock on the Allocate screen and click Save.
Materials for a specific project or group of projects can be created in AS. When purchase orders are created from material lines in a project, the relationship between PO line and Material line is preserved. This provides full traceability back to purchase order line from a manufacturing work order if needed. Steps to purchase materials for a project are as follows:
- Navigate to the Projects List View.
- Select the project to create purchase orders for.
- Click the Purchase Order Fulfill button on the List View.
- Create draft purchase orders by vendor.
- Review draft purchase orders and click Save.
Build Finished Goods
Building finished goods creates an inbound inventory entry that relieves work in process inventory and creates a finished goods inventory record. To build a finished good the manufactured product field on the work order must be populated. The steps to build are:
- Make sure the Manufactured Product field on the work order is populated.
- Click the Build button on the project.
- Indicate the quantity to build and the warehouse location to place the finished goods.
- Click Save.
- An inbound inventory movement related to the work order will be created.