Note: Time Cards have now been implemented for Lightning Experience, however, due to a known Salesforce bug we were unable to deploy upgrades made with Lightning Web Components to these features in our Hibiscus Release. All existing functionality continues to be supported in the Classic UI. However, users will need to make some configuration changes in order to continue using these features in the legacy Time Card Classic UI. If you are using Time Cards and are using the Lightning UI, please refer to our Set Up Classic UI Time Cards in Salesforce Lightning article. If you are using Time Cards and are using the Classic UI, please refer to our Set Up Classic UI Time Cards in Salesforce Classic article.
Users can enter hours worked for the day, keep track of the projects they work on, and input comments for the hours worked. An approval process can be created for Time Cards using Standard Salesforce Approvals.
Enter a Time Card
- Navigate to the Time Cards tab. Click New.
- Select the time card period. Please note only open time card periods will show in the list.
- The employee should auto-populate to the user entering the time. This can be over-ridden if you are entering time for another user.
- Click Next - Select this to proceed to the next screen.
- Enter the Project, Project task.
- Click the overtime flag if the entry is for overtime and should be costed appropriately.
- Enter hours worked for each day. Click the comments icon if you wish to enter comments.
- When click the Save and Complete button.
- The Billable Flag is optional in the Time Card interface and can be removed in the Accounting Settings Tab.
- Time card variables can be displayed in the Time Card Entry Screen and users can enter additional information on the Time Card Line. Examples of use cases include recording overtime, rework or location at a time card level. See the Accounting Settings Tab for more information.
- Click the submit approval button to initiate an approval process. Time Cards uses standard Salesforce Approvals. Please see the help on Approvals in the standard Salesforce help if you need additional assistance with setting up an approval. We recommend using the following statuses in the approval process:
- In Process - Time cards that have not been submitted will be assigned a status of in process.
- Waiting for Approval - When a user submits a time card the status will be set to this.
- Approved - Once an approver approves a time card the status will be approved.
- Rejected - If an approver rejects a time card, it will have a status of rejected until it is resubmitted.
- Posted - Once a manager posts a time card, it will have a status of posted.