Summary of Steps:
- From Accounting Home Click Accounts Payable and navigate to the Accounts Payable Tab
- Click "New"
- Enter the Account and vendor invoice number in the Reference field
- Payment terms - Defaults from Account
- Accounting Period - Defaults to current
- Click "Save"
- Enter Payable lines by clicking the "New Payable Line" button of "Mass Add/Edit" rows button.
- Enter the Amount. The following fields use system defaults if you leave them blank. If you would like to override the defaults then simply key in a value before you hit save. Expense GL Account - Defaults from Account.
- Complete any additional fields as required such as Product, Project, Project Task, GL Account Variables and click "Save".
- You can return to the header quickly by clicking the link to the header record at the top of the screen.
- Change the posting status to "Approved" and Click the Post button. The posting process creates the debits and credits in the general ledger.
- The GL Account credited will always be the default AP Control GL Account entered in the accounting settings.
- Account Payables can be set up to use Salesforce Approvals if desired.
- If the "Account Payable Terms" field on the account has a value in it, the due date will automatically populate upon pressing "Save."
- After an account payable record has been paid, the system will not allow it to be un-posted. In order to un-post it, the associated cash disbursement must first be un-posted and deleted. This is a safety feature so that account payable amounts can't be edited after the record has been paid.
- Salesforce will prevent you from deleting an account payable with over 200 journal entry lines. If you have over 200 account payable lines and wish to delete the account payable you will need delete the number of lines in excess of 200 individually. Once there are 200 or less lines you will be able to successfully delete the account payable.