Bank deposits allow you to group multiple Cash Receipts and/or Debit Journal Entry Lines together as a means to reconcile to your bank statement.
Summary of steps:
- Navigate to the Bank Deposits Tab
- Click new Bank Deposit
- Enter the Deposit Date and select the Bank Account. The deposit reference is not required. This field is used to identify the deposit in the bank reconciliation.
- Click the save button
- Click the Manage Cash Receipts button
- In the lower right pane you will see all Cash Receipts, and Debit Journal Entry Lines in the selected date range that are not associated with another deposit along with a link to the individual record. You are able to increase and decrease the date range to find more records. You can also use the Type field to filter to show only Cash Receipt or only Debit Journal Entry Lines.
- Check the records associated with this deposit and click the Associate Selected button.