Bank deposits allow you to group multiple Cash Receipts and/or Debit Journal Entry Lines together as a means to reconcile to your bank statement.
Make a Bank Deposit
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash In, click Bank Deposits.
- On the Bank Deposits/Home page, click New.
- On the Bank Deposit Edit/New Bank Deposit page, select a Bank Account and enter the Deposit Date. Deposit Reference is used to identify the deposit in the bank reconciliation and is not required. You can also filter the transactions by GL Variables by selecting a GL Variable on this screen.
- Click Save.
- On the Bank Deposit Detail page, click the Manage Bank Deposit button.
- In the lower right pane, you will see all Cash Receipts and Debit Journal Entry Lines that are in the selected date range, are not associated with another deposit and include a link to the individual record.
- Check the records associated with this deposit and click the Associate Selected button.
- To easily create another Bank Deposit, click the New Bank Deposit button from the Manage Bank Deposit screen.
Note: You can increase and decrease the date range to find records, and use the Type field to filter only Cash Receipt or only Debit Journal Entry Lines.
If you attempt to change, add, or remove a record that is associated with a Bank Deposit that has already been matched on the BDC Unmatched Bank Transactions screen, the “This record is matched with downloaded bank transaction BT-XXXXX. Changing the amount will unmatch it on the Bank Direct Connect page” message displays.
If the warning message(s) is ignored:
- The Bank Deposit will be unmatched from the bank transaction it was matched to.
- The Cleared Date field on the Bank Deposit will be blank.
- The Bank Transaction field on the Bank Deposit will be blank.
- Warning message displays if changes are made to a Bank Deposit that has already been matched.