Bank deposits allow you to group multiple Cash Receipts and/or Debit Journal Entry Lines together as a means to reconcile to your bank statement.
1. Navigate to the Accounting Home and under Cash In, click Bank Deposits.
2. On the Bank Deposits/Home page, click New.
3. On the Bank Deposit Edit/New Bank Deposit page, select a Bank Account and enter the Deposit Date. Deposit Reference is used to identify the deposit in the bank reconciliation and is not required. You can also filter the transactions by GL Variables by selecting a GL Variable on this screen.
4. Click Save.
5. On the Bank Deposit Detail page, click the Manage Bank Deposit button.
6. In the lower right pane, you will see all Cash Receipts and Debit Journal Entry Lines that are in the selected date range, are not associated with another deposit and include a link to the individual record.
Note: You can increase and decrease the date range to find records, and use the Type field to filter only Cash Receipt or only Debit Journal Entry Lines.
7. Check the records associated with this deposit and click the Associate Selected button.
8. To create another Bank Deposit easily, click the New Bank Deposit button from the Manage Bank Deposit screen.