The Opportunity to Billing utility allows you to pass an opportunity to a billing with a single click. The opportunity must have a Closed/Won status.
Summary of Steps:
- Navigate to the Opportunity you wish to bill
- Click the "Create Billing" button
- In the intermediate screen deselect any products you wish to not bill. Change any additional information you desire.
- Click "Create Billing"
- A billing line will be created for each opportunity product line in the opportunity, preserving the same sort order of Opportunity Products to Billing Lines
- If GL Account variables 1-4, Project, Project Task and Product are populated on the opportunity product these fields will be mapped to the billing.
- The Revenue GL Account set on the product will be used as the Revenue GL Account on the billing line. If you want to use a deferred revenue GL Account, simply set the revenue GL Account to a balance sheet account on the product.
- The fields in the billing header will default as follows unless the user overrides them when creating a new billing:
- Billing Contact & Billing Address - Defaults from Account
- Shipping Contact & Shipping Address - Defaults from Account
- Billing Format - Defaults from Account (If blank the Accounting Settings)
- Billing Date - Defaults from Opportunity
- Billing Terms Name - Defaults from Account
- Due Date- Defaults from Account terms
- Accounting Period - Defaults from Billing Date
- By checking the Cash Sale check box on the intermediate screen the following will be automatically processed:
- Billing created and posted
- Cash Receipt created and posted
- Cash Receipt applied to that Billing