Create a Billing
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash In click Billings (Customer Invoices).
- On the Billings page, click New Billing.
- On the Billing Edit/New Billing page, enter customer information.
- Required Fields:
- Posting Status
- Billing Date
- Required Fields:
- If left blank, the following fields will populate with system defaults:
- Billing Format will default from Account, and if no value then from Accounting Settings.
- Billing Terms will default from Account.
- Due Date will default from Account.
- Customer Address will default from Account.
- Complete any additional fields as required such as PO number.
- Enter Billing Lines by clicking the New Billing Line button or Mass Add/Edit rows button.
- Enter the Quantity and Unit Price. The revenue GL account will default upon Save from accounting settings. If GL variables are associated on the customer account, then they will default here as well.
- Complete any additional fields as required such as Product, Project, Project Task, and/or GL Variables.
- Click Save & Complete to save, but not post to the ledger or click Save & Post to both save and post to the ledger.
- If you selected New Billing Line in step 4, then you can return to the Billing header quickly by clicking the link to the header record at the top of the screen.
- If necessary, change the posting status to Approved and click the Post button. The posting process creates the debits and credits in the general ledger.
- A Billing is a customer invoice. It is also known as an Account Receivable. A billing can be created from the account related list or Billings tab. A billing can also be created from the Opportunity, Recurring Billing, Sales Order, Time Cards, and Expense Reports objects.
- Use the Proprietary Billing Number field if you are integrating to an external billing system or if you want your own custom invoice number. This can be used for legacy billings for loading history as well.
- The number of Billing Lines a Billing can have is listed below:
- Billing Lines with no product costing (non-inventory) - 500 lines
- Billing Lines with product costing (inventory) - 250 lines
- Billing Lines with product costing and kitting - 100 lines
Salesforce will prevent you from deleting a billing with more than 200 billing lines. If you have over 200 billing lines and wish to delete the billing you will need to delete the number of lines in excess of 200 individually. Once there are fewer than 200 lines you will be able to delete the billing.