Before you read this knowledge article, please familiarize yourself with the Inventory Balance object.
Warehouse transfers are used in Accounting Seed to transfer inventory from one inventory balance to another. When you complete a warehouse transfer, an Outbound Inventory Movement is created on the inventory balance. This shows where the product is moving from, and an Inbound Inventory Movement is created on the inventory balance that the product is transferred to.
- A single inbound and outbound movement is created it the items are not serialized.
- A single inbound and outbound movement will be created for each unit transferred if the item is serialized. Also an additional screen will render to record serial numbers of units moved.
- Both the inbound and outbound inventory movements will be a type of "Transfer."
Accounting Seed does not book any General Ledger transactions for transfers. This change is only reflected in the inventory balances.
The process for completing a warehouse transfer is just a few clicks. These steps are summarized below:
1. Navigate to the inventory balance you would like to transfer inventory from.
2. Click the "Transfer" button.
3. Complete the destination inventory balance information, and click "Save." Please note that if the product is a serialized item an input screen at the bottom will render for you to enter the serial numbers of items transferred.
4. You are able to see where an inventory transfer was made from on both the inbound and outbound inventory movements by viewing the related list on both objects.