Create Billings from Posted Time Cards
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Projects, click Timecards.
- Select the Posted list view.
- Navigate to the Posted list view on the Time Cards tab.
- Select the Time Cards to be converted into billings by marking the checkbox next to each posted Time Card.
- Click the Create Billings button.
- Review/Edit the Time Card Billing Summary screen and populate the following required fields:
- Billing Date: This will default to today’s date and will flow to the billing date field of the billing.
- Billing Format: This is the PDF format related to this billing. This is usually set to the “Default Billing Service” PDF.
- Billing Cycle Start/End Dates: To show the date range for these billings
- Revenue GL Account: If the related project task expense GL account has an associated Time and Expense Revenue Conversion GL account, then that will default here.
- Click the Create button to create the billing record, but not have it post to the ledger yet. This is useful if you have an approval process in place before posting.
- Click the Create & Post button to both create and post the billing to the ledger.
Billing a Time Card requires that the following conditions must be true:
- Time Card posting status must be Posted.
- The Account field on the Project associated with the Time Card Line must be populated. This is the customer that the billing will be created for.
- The Billable field on the Time Card Line must be checked.
- The Billed field on the Time Card Line must be unchecked, indicating that the Time Card Line has not been previously billed.
- The Employee must have a Billing rate setup. An organization-wide rate can be set up on the Employee (User) record. Specific Billing rates can also be set up for each Project and/or Project Task. The more detailed rate will flow through to the Billing meaning the Project Task rate will override the Project rate, which in turn, will override the User rate.
Set a Default Billing Rate for an Employee
- Navigate to the specific Employee User Record by clicking into Setup/Users and selecting that user.
- Populate the Default Billing Rate field with the hourly rate. This field may need to be added to the layout before you can populate it.
Tip: If the Revenue GL Account appears blank in the intermediate screen, this simply means you have not set a value for the "Time and Expense Revenue Conversion" field on the expense GL Account for that project task. This can be done from the GL Account record itself that is related to that project task.