A Time Card Period defines the date range for a given Time Card and has the following properties:
- It can only be 7 days long.
- It can begin on any day of the week (usually Sunday or Monday).
- It must be defined by a unique date range. No two Time Card Periods can overlap.
- Closed Time Card Periods will not be available for Time Entry.
Tip: The Salesforce Data Loader App or web-based Data Import Wizard tool can be used to quickly create multiple time card periods. The Time Card Period import template can be found in the Import Template article.
Create a Time Card Period
We recommend using a standard naming convention for your Time Card Periods, such as Week Beginning YYYY-MM-DD. For example, the Time Card Period for the week beginning 5/29/22 would be Week Beginning 2022-05-29.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Master menu, click Time Card Periods.
- Click New. The New Time Card Period dialog box displays.
- Enter the Period Name.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date.
- Set Status as Open.
Note: If Multi-currency is enabled, the Currency drop-down list is available to select the Currency,
- Click Save or Save & New.
- A Time Card must be associated with one or more Accounting Periods to post Time Cards.
- If a Time Card Period does not cross accounting periods, it should be related to only one Accounting Period.
- If a Time Card Period spans two Accounting Periods (5/27/21 - 6/2/21), it should be related to two Accounting Periods (2021-05 and 2021-06).
- Accounting Seed will automatically associate Time Card Periods to Accounting Periods when the Time Card Periods are created.
- Warning: If Time Card Period dates are modified after they are created, then they might not be associated with the correct periods.