A Time Card Period defines the date range for a given Time Card and has the following properties:
- It can only be 7 days long.
- It can begin on any day of the week (usually Sunday or Monday).
- It must be defined by a unique date range. No two Time Card Periods can overlap.
- Closed Time Card Periods will not be available for Time Entry.
Tip: The Salesforce Data Loader App or web-based Data Import Wizard tool can be used to quickly create multiple time card periods. The Time Card Period import template can be found in the Import Template section of our Knowledge Base.
Create a Time Card Period
We recommend using a standard naming convention for your Time Card Periods, such as Week Beginning YYYY-MM-DD. For example, the Time Card Period for the week beginning 5/28/18 would be Week Beginning 2018-05-28.
- Navigate to the Time Card Periods tab.
- Click New.
- Enter the Period Name.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date.
- Set Status as Open.
- Click the Save or Save & New button.
- A Time Card must be associated with one or more Accounting Periods to post Time Cards.
- If a Time Card Period does not cross accounting periods, it should be related to only one accounting period.
- If a Time Card Period spans two accounting periods (5/27/18 - 6/2/18), it should be related to two accounting periods (2018-05 and 2018-06).
- Accounting Seed will automatically associate Time Card Periods to accounting periods when the Time Card Periods are created.
- Warning: If Time Card Period dates are modified after they are created, then they might not be associated with the correct periods.