Customers and vendors are both set up as account objects in Accounting Seed.
For best viewing, click the YouTube gear icon at the bottom of the video, click Quality, and select 1080p.
- From Accounting Home, navigate to Accounts (Customers & Vendors).
- Click the New button.
- In the Account Name field, enter a Customer or Vendor.
- Set the Accounting Type as Customer, Vendor or Customer and Vendor. The Accounting Active checkbox will auto-populate.
- Accounting Seed uses List Views and filters on these category types to filter relevant accounts when performing certain applicable accounting functions (i.e. Billings and Cash Receipts from Customers; Payables and Cash Disbursements from Vendors).
- You can disable these filters at any time by clicking Show All Results. For example, you can disable filters when you have to pay a refund to a customer when you would normally not create a Payable or Cash Disbursement to a customer.
- Default GL Variable 1 - 4
Values used to represent business segments will automatically populate on the Opportunity
- Product, Billing, Recurring Billing, Cash Receipt, Sales Orders, and Journal Entry. These values can be edited on specific line items.
- Billing Contact/Address
Flows through to the Vendor Contact/Address of a Purchase Order and Payable.
Account Payable Information
- Payable Days Due
The number of days from the payable date that the invoice is due to the vendor (Example: 30). If populated, this will calculate the due date for this vendor when creating Payables.
- Payable Discount Days Due
The number of days from the Payable date that you would have to pay within to get a payment discount (Example: 10). Used in calculating payment discounts.
- Payable Discount %
The percent discount you will receive if you pay the vendor within the number of days entered in the Payable Discount Days Due field (Example "2" would give a discount of 2% if paid within 10 days).
- File Import Match Name
This works in conjunction with the Bank Direct Connect. If the bank/credit card statement shows a description that doesn't match with the account name, then enter that description here so that it automatically maps in the Bank Direct Connect screen.
- Default Expense GL Account
This will automatically populate during the Payable entry process. This value can be edited if necessary during the Payable entry.
- 1099 Vendor
Select this check box if this is a 1099 Vendor.
- Default 1099 Box
Select the applicable value to be reported on the Form 1099 relating to the type of payments to this vendor. Consult with your CPA.
- Taxpayer Identification Number
If this vendor is a 1099 vendor, enter their Tax ID number here. You may also want to attach the W9 to this account. It is highly recommended that you have this field encrypted by Salesforce support or restrict the visibility of this field by profile using field level security.
- Alternate Account Name
If populated, this will flow to the vendor check. This is useful in a multi-company environment if duplicate vendors are set up with the account name "Coca-Cola Company A", but the name that flows to the check is just "Coca-Cola."
- Default Packing Slip Format
Overrides the default value set in Accounting Settings when creating a shipment for this specific vendor.
- Default Purchase Order Format
Overrides the default value set in Accounting Settings when creating a purchase order for this specific vendor.
- Billing Terms Name
The text you want to appear to represent the billing terms. (Example: Net 30)
- Billing Days Due
The number of days from the billing date that the invoice is due within. (Example: 30) If populated, this will calculate the due date for this customer when creating billings.
- Billing Discount Days Due
The number of days from the billing date that the customer would have to pay within to receive a discount. (Example:10) Used in calculating payment discounts.
- Billing Discount %
The percent discount the customer will receive if they pay within the number of days entered in the Billing Discount Days Due field (Example: "2" would give a discount of 2% if paid within 10 days).
- Alternate Account Name
If populated, this will flow to the customer invoice PDF. This is useful in a multi-company environment if duplicate customers are set up with the account name "Coca-Cola Company A", but the name that flows to the customer PDF is just "Coca-Cola."
- Billing Format
Overrides the default PDF Billing template set in Accounting Settings when creating a Billing for this specific customer.
- Outstanding Statement Format
Overrides the default PDF Outstanding Statement template set in Accounting Settings when sending an Outstanding Statement for this specific customer.
- Activity Statement Format
Overrides the default PDF Activity Statement template set in Accounting Settings when sending an Activity Statement for this specific customer.
- Billing Contact
Flows through to the billing and will be the default email address when emailing billings. If you would like to add default CC email addresses, then the contact role should be set up with a role type of “Billing Contact”. Note: for this to work correctly, the underlying API name of this new type must be exactly “Billing Contact” without any extra spaces or underlines. Add a contact to the related contact role with this new type and the CC address will default when emailing a billing or statement.
- Shipping Contact
Will flow to a customer Billing PDF and to a Drop Ship Purchase Order.