- There can be many locations inside a single warehouse.
- A warehouse must always have at least one location to track inventory in Accounting Seed.
In some cases, it may make sense to divide a physical warehouse into multiple virtual warehouses (locations). This occurs, for example, when stocking client inventory or consignment inventory that is not owned by your company, but you want to track it in your warehouse.
Locations are the physical subdivisions of a warehouse. At least one location is needed for each warehouse in order to track inventory in Accounting Seed. Location records are 80 character text strings that can be used in any way. For example, if a warehouse has a location called "staging area" for receiving inventory, the location record can be named "staging area". If a warehouse has a racking system (i.e., multiple shelves, bins, racks, and aisles) then you would create a location for each discrete area you wanted to track inventory. For example; if Aisle 10, Shelf 3, and bin 13 is a location, set it up as: "Aisle 10, Shelf 3, Bin 13".
Add a Warehouse
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Master menu, click Warehouses.
- Click New and enter the name of the warehouse.
- Click Save.
- On the Warehouse Related list, click New to add New Locations.