Use the information in this article to connect to Stripe in the Test mode.
Important: Testing with Stripe will post transactions to the General Ledger. Therefore, this test should be performed in a sandbox or other non-production environment.
Connect to Stripe in the Test Mode
- Go to stripe.com. Then, create a Stripe Test Account and set it to Test mode.
- Open another browser tab, and log into your sandbox or other non-production environment. Then, install the Summer'23 release.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Utilities menu, click Payment Processors.
- Follow the steps in the Payment Processors article to create a new Payment Processor.
Note: Click the Test Mode checkbox to using this Payment Processor for testing Stripe.
- After saving the new Payment Processor, click Connect Payment Provider. The Connect Payment Provider Confirmation dialog box displays.
- Click Connect.
- Log into the Test Stripe Dashboard using the credentials that you created in step 1 above. This will establish a connection between the new Payment Processor and Stripe, which results in setting the Payment Processor to Active.
- Create a test Account. Then, add test payment methods for the Account using the information provided in test card/ach info from Stripe.
At this point, you can now receive/create Stripe test payments in Accounting Seed from your sandbox or other non-productive environment.
Note: A warning message will display on the payment screen to indicate that you are running in Test mode and that actual transactions will be posted.
Once a Billing has been paid, for example from the Receive Payment screen, the transaction will be visible in the Test Stripe Dashboard.
Test with the Payment Link
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Utilities menu, click Payment Settings. The Payment Settings screen displays.
- Follow the Configure Payment Link for Stripe section in the Payment Settings article.
- Add the Payment Link Email API name to the Billing PDF and email it or click the Payment Link on the Billing.
Note: For information about adding the Payment Link Email API name, refer to the Set the Email Template for Stripe Payment Link on the Billing PDF section of the Charge a Customer using Stripe article.
- Use the same test credit card information from Stripe to pay the amount.
Summer '23 Release
This article was new with the Summer '23 release.