AR Automation is available to all customers operating in US Dollars. To activate this feature, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Existing Accounting Seed users who would like to migrate payment information for your customers from Stripe to Cardknox can follow the process below to maintain PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance. The process to do this will begin when Stripe receives your request to move payment information for your customers. When this process is complete, Stripe will send a link to a secure FTP site where the encrypted information is stored as a .CSV file. The information will also be sent directly to Cardknox.
Important: Stripe can take up to several weeks to process this request. Credit card and bank information for your customers will remain in Stripe and can continue to be used even after all Payment Methods have been successfully migrated to Cardknox.
Use the steps in this article to:
- Migrate your Stripe Payment Methods to Cardknox
- Perform Post-upgrade Configurations for Payment Methods
Migrate your Stripe Payment Methods to Cardknox
- Inform Stripe that you would like to have the payment data for your customers moved from Stripe directly to Cardknox without going through you.
Important: Only the Stripe account administrator can send this request and interact with Stripe through email communication.
- Your Stripe account administrator should log into the Stripe Dashboard.
- Search for “PAN Data Export” or click here to learn more about the Stripe requirements.
- Contact Stripe Support to request that they begin the process to export card and bank data for your customers to Cardknox.
- Stripe will acknowledge your request and ask for the information listed in the table below.
Details required by Stripe Description or Suggested Values Stripe account name Account ID Account ID might begin with “acct_” Migration type Enter Export Processor to export data to Enter Cardknox Payment types to export Enter cards, ach File format for export Enter Csv Full or partial export Enter Full
The Stripe Data Migrations department will confirm the above values and send an email with a unique migration request ID. The ID will have a prefix of “migreq_.”
- Once Stripe has verified the authorization for the export, they will ask for a final confirmation of the details previously sent. The email will include separate customer_count for credit cards and ACH payments. Double check this with the payment information that you have.
At this point, if Stripe approves, a “You are approved to complete this migration” message will be sent.
After this, Stripe will notify you when the export process is completed and inform that the encrypted file is stored on their SFTP server. Stripe will provide the details below:
From here, Cardknox will send an acknowledgement when they receive the file. Once they have processed the information, you should be able to view the encrypted card information mapped to your customers.
Perform Post-upgrade Configurations for Payment Methods
- Stripe has migrated your customer information into Cardknox (the section above has been completed).
- The Summer ’23 release has been successfully installed in your org.
As a part of the Summer ’23 release installation process, the upgrade will automatically create a Payment Processor record that represents your existing Stripe account. Additionally, this will be set as the Global Default Payment Processor so that Billings being directly paid via the Payment Link can be paid using the same Stripe Payment Processor. The Payment Processor will also be updated on existing Payment Methods so that you can continue payments without disruption of service.
At this point, create a Support case to request assistance with the Stripe Payment Method Migration so that a Product Consultant can help with the remaining steps.
- Once the Stripe Migration process has completed, run a check to ensure that the number of customer records in Cardknox matches the number of Stripe Accounts.
Note: Expired Payment Methods will NOT be migrated from Stripe into Cardknox.
- Match the Accounts in Cardknox to the Stripe Accounts using the Stripe ID using the Migration Template.
- Export the Payment Processor ID, the External ID and the Customer ID (Account) from the Payment Processor Customer records in the Salesforce org and paste them into the first tab (StripePaymentProcessorCustomer) on the Migration Template.
- Retrieve the customer information from Cardknox.
Note: A customer in Cardknox is assigned a Cardknox ID. And, because of the Stripe migration, the “Customer #” field stores the Stripe Customer ID (Custom 02). You might need to click the Gear icon at the top of the screen on the right to display the “Customer #” field in the list view.
- Download the customer information from Cardknox with the Customer ID and the Custom # fields. Paste this information onto the second tab (CardknoxCustomer) in the Migration Template.
- From any given Stripe ID, perform a VLOOKUP to obtain the following:
- The Account ID from Salesforce from the first tab (StripePaymentProcessorCustomer)
- The Cardknox Customer ID from the second tab (CardknoxCustomer)
- Paste the ID of the Cardknox Payment Processor record.
- Ensure that all the Stripe Customer IDs have a matching Account and Cardknox Customer ID.
Note: Now, you will need to upload the information as Payment Processor Customer records in Accounting Seed.
- Select one of the customers for whom this information was uploaded. Then, navigate to the Account record (Accounting Home | Setup | Master | Accounts) and edit the page layout to add the Payment Processor Customer relate list.
Note: A new Payment Processor Customer record should now be mapped for the Cardknox customer (from Stripe), and this should be related to the Cardknox Payment Processor.
Important: Although the Payment Processor Customer records are created in Accounting Seed, the Payment Method records do not yet exist in Accounting Seed. However, these Payment Methods will display on the Payment screens. Once these Payment Methods are used to process a payment, they will be saved as payment Method records in Accounting Seed.
- The next step in this process is to perform configuration steps for Payment Methods to receive payments for existing customers. Refer to the Add the Manage Cardknox Payment Methods button to the Account page layout and the Add the Payment Site URL onto the Billing page layout sections in the Cardknox Onboarding Process article.
- Finally, to add a Payment Method, refer to the Manage Cardknox Payment Methods article. After this, you can begin to receive payments using the credit card(s) and/or ACH Payment(s) that were added.
Summer '23 Release
This article was new with the Summer '23 release.