Important: The AR Automation feature is open to customers who have the following:
- a single Ledger
- use a single currency
- and primarily process credit card payments (ACH is planned for a later release)
If you would like to know more about this feature, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the Merchant Account application has been submitted, Cardknox will send you a welcome email when it has been approved. The sample screen below provides an example of how the welcome email will look. The subject line on the email will be “New Cardknox Setup For (Company Name).”
The welcome email will include a “Generate Cardknox Keys” section (see below). This section includes steps to log into your Cardknox Merchant Account and generate the two keys, which are similar to passwords. The information that you generate for these two keys (xKey and iFieldskey) will be used to set up your account.
Important: The keys are unique to your Merchant Account and must be generated in order to proceed. Once generated, the keys will need to be entered in Accounting Seed.
Do you want to:
Generate Cardknox Merchant Keys
The two keys (xKey and iFieldsKey) must be generated separately.
- To generate the xKey (API Transaction Key), on the Cardknox portal, navigate to Accounting Settings | Keys.
- Click Create a Key, which displays at the top right portion of the screen.
- On the Create a Key window, select API (Transaction Key). Then, click Create and View.
The Key Created window displays with the Key.
- Important: Click the Copy icon or copy/paste the key in a secure place for now.
The keys CANNOT be retrieved again, and you will need to generate a new set of keys.
- To generate the iFieldsKey, click Create a Key again.
- From the Create a Key window, select iFields(Token Key). Then, click Create and View.
- As in step 4, it is important to copy/paste the key immediately into a secure place along with the xKey, which was copied/pasted earlier.
Enter Cardknox Merchant Keys
After the keys have been generated, use the steps below to enter the Cardknox Merchant Keys in Accounting Seed.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Utilities menu, click Payment Processors.
- If you have multiple Payment Processors, select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- Select a Cardknox Payment Processor.
- Click Merchant Account Info. The Enter Cardknox Merchant Keys dialog box displays.
- Enter your xKey and iFieldsKey values in the respective fields.
Important: The xKey and iFieldsKey values can only be entered on one and only one Payment Processor. Therefore, the values entered in these fields on this Payment Processor cannot be entered on any other Payment Processor.
- Click Save.
Note: Once the two key values have been saved, the Active checkbox on the selected Payment Processor will automatically display as “checked” to indicate this is a live/active Payment Processor.
Review Cardknox Merchant Key Error Information
When the xKey and iFieldsKey are entered, Cardknox does not provide a way to test if the information entered is correct. So if an invalid key is entered, an error message will only display at the time the key is used on the Manage Cardknox Payment Methods screen or less likely, the Receive Payment/s and Create Payment screens. The error messages that would display include the following:
- Error: The provided iFieldsKey merchant key is invalid...
- Error: The provided xKey merchant key is invalid...
To address the error, you can either try to re-enter your existing keys or create new keys and enter those. Otherwise click here to refer to a Cardknox article.
Note: To enter the generate keys, refer to the section above.
Summer '23 Release
This article was new with the Summer '23 release.