Customer Payments can be received directly from an individual Billing or from multiple Billings.
Note: Only payments through Cardknox or Stripe are supported for multiple Billings. If you are receiving multiple payments that are not from either of these two Payment Providers, enter these as usual by first creating a Cash Receipt and then, applying it to the related Billings. Otherwise, use the Receive Payment button on each individual Billing.
Important: For those who use both Cardknox and Stripe Payment Methods, we recommend that you create separate list views for each Payment Processor. At the time of processing payments, select the appropriate list view, and then process the payments.
Receive Payments from Multiple Billings
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Revenues menu, click Billings.
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
Note: It is recommended to only receive payments against posted Billings, but payments can be received against any posting status.
- Select the Billings for which you want to receive payment.
- Click Receive Payments. The Receive Payment intermediate screen displays.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- The intermediate screen aggregates the Billings by Customer.
- The Ledger Name displays in the Ledger column. If you want to view or edit the displayed Ledger, mouseover the Ledger Name and click View or Edit.
- The default Bank Account will populate. A different bank can be selected, if necessary.
- The default Payment Processor will populate in the drop-down list. You can select a different Payment Processor, if necessary.
- The default Payment Method will populate. A different one can be selected, if necessary.
- The Payment Method includes the Account Holder’s name, credit card type, and the last four digits of the card number.
- You can include GL Account Variables 1-4, a Product number, and/or a Project/Project Task.
- If any of the Billings are eligible for an early payment Billing Discount, the payment will need to be received as a single Billing.
- Click Receive Payment. A Cash Receipt will be created for each customer and applied to all of the related customer Billings.
- Create a Bank Deposit for the related Stripe batch and fees.
Summer '23 Release
The Payment Processor field has been added to this screen.