Please review the Create a Purchase Order article.
Receiving a purchase order is performed when a product arrives at a company warehouse so the Accounting Seed application has a record of the:
- Product being purchased and added to company inventory.
- Storage location (warehouse name and location within the warehouse).
The purpose of unreceiving a purchase order is to correct details on the purchase order or the Purchase Order Inventory Movement (created when the Purchase Order was received), for example, incorrect price, date, quantity, or storage location.
NOTE: There is no method for editing the details of a Purchase Order, if anything needs correcting, the product must be unreceived at which point incorrect information can be corrected and then it can be received again.
- Navigate to the Purchase Order you would like to receive.
- Click the Receive button in the right upper corner (depending on the page layout, the buttons may be visible or in a dropdown list).
- The Purchase Order screen displays the Purchase Order Receive details.
- Use the dropdown lists to identify and specify which Warehouse and Location will be designated to store the item.
- For Quantity All, selecting Yes selects all items on the Purchase Order to be received. To specify a lesser number of items to be received, enter a number in the blank.
- The receiving date will default to today, the user can adjust the date if needed and then click Save.
NOTE: Receiving product (clicking the Receive button) triggers two (2) actions:
- Creates a Purchase Order Inventory Movement that records the quantity received.
- Creates accounting entries to the general ledger. This can be viewed on the Transaction Related list of the Purchase Order Inventory Movement.
NOTE: A user can scan bar codes for a serialized item by navigating to the Purchase Order Line received and clicking the scan button. Using a bar code scanner, record the serial numbers of each item received.
Steps: Unreceiving a Purchase Order
Unreceiving a purchase order is performed by deleting the applicable Purchase Order Inventory Movement.
- Click the Purchase Order Line of the product to be unreceived.
- Click the Related tab to display the Purchase Order Inventory Movement record.
- In the Related list, identify the item to unreceive and click Delete.
- Upon deletion:
- The Purchase Order Inventory Movements list is adjusted and the system provides a confirmation message.
- The transactions recorded to receive the product are removed/undone.