You can manually email a Billing to your customers and include additional email addresses on the email. An activity record of the email will be logged on the Billing header record.
Note: If you have the Automated Email Billing job created in the Automated Jobs, the system will automatically send email Billings to your customers.
Email a Billing
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Revenues menu, click Billings.
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- Select the Billing record you would like to send by email.
- Click Create PDF on the Billing header.
- Preview the PDF.
- Enter any CC Addresses, if necessary.
Note: For Salesforce Lightning, email addresses will auto-populate based upon the relationships that have been added as Related Contacts on the Account. For Salesforce Classic, this will auto-populate based upon the Contact Roles related to this Account.
- Click Send Email to email the billing to the billing contact.
- An activity record of the email will be logged on the billing header record.
- A copy of the billing will automatically be saved on the billing.
- The PDF Email Status field on the billing will be updated from a value of Unsent to Sent.
- Instead of emailing the billing you can elect to save it as an attachment.
- When a PDF file is saved or emailed, the filename saved under Files or Notes & Attachments or emailed to a customer displays the Customer Name and Date on customer statements in the following format:
- Activity Statement: Customer Name_Activity_Statement_Date.pdf
- Outstanding Statement: Customer Name_Outstanding_Statement_Date.pdf
- The Billing PDF filename displays the Customer Name, Billing Number (or Proprietary Billing Number, if entered), and Current Date/Time in the following format:
- Billing Invoice: Customer Name_Inv#_Billing Number_Current Date Time.pdf
- The PDF filename is limited to 255 characters. If the limit is exceeded, the filename will be truncated.
Summer ’22 Release
- With the Summer '22 release, the Billing PDF filename has been standardized.