Once Time Cards have been approved they are ready to be posted. Time Cards must have a status of Approved before they can be posted. A value of Posted indicates the record is final, and a debit and credit line have been entered into the transaction object for each Time Card Day.
Important: The Time Card Type of “Actual” is the only type of Time Card that can be posted. Time Cards with a type of “Budget” cannot be posted. For additional information, refer to the Create a Budget Time Card article.
Before posting the Time Cards, follow your normal process to approve them, if applicable. An approval process can be created for Time Cards using Standard Salesforce Approvals.
Time Cards can be posted manually or through the Scheduled Post job.
Post Time Cards Manually
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Master menu, click Projects.
- To view all Approved Time Cards, select the Approved list view.
- To post all Approved Time Cards, click the Time Card Name checkbox. Otherwise, click the checkbox on the specific Time Card(s) that you want to post.
- From the upper right portion of the list view screen, click Post Time Cards.
- Click Post. The “Success” message displays when Time Cards have posted.
- Click Back to refresh the list view.
- Time Cards can continue to be posted manually or by using the new Scheduled Post job.