Sometimes the printer destroys some or all of your check stock in the printing process. In this case, you may need to reprint or even renumber your checks.
Renumber Checks that were Destroyed in Printing
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Expenses menu, click Cash Disbursement Batches.
- Select a list view. Typically, you want to select a list view other than Recently Viewed.
- Select a Cash Disbursement Batch Name.
- Ensure the batch is not posted.
Note: If the batch has already been posted, click Batch Unpost to unpost it.
- Enter the new starting check number in the Starting Check Number field.
- Click Renumber.
- Post the batch and reprint your checks.
Note: If you only need to renumber a few checks, you can individually edit the check number field for each Cash Disbursement. Then, reprint just the pages of the check PDF that have those renumbered checks on them.
How do I record the destroyed check as void?
You can record a void in the normal manner in Accounting Seed. We have a Knowledge Article outlining those steps:
If you have a specific issue, please feel free to submit a ticket to our Support Desk.
Article is closed for comments.